Trip to Ipoh 1

It's been some time my last blog, here are some photos of my recent trip to Ipoh. Hired a van with a driver as guide to bring us to various sightseeing spots. Here is one that is rather interesting, "Gua Tempurung" . a deep cavern leading into a hill. There is a stream with clear water flowing under the bridge entrance into the cavern. The write-out says it has a white marble slab overlaying the river bed with the presence of Iron ore. The entrance looked small, but it leads to a cavernous cave.


This is how the inside looks like and I must say a city boy like me was awed by the sight. Fortunately there are catwalks for the visitors to walk and follow. The walls of the cave seems to be carved from a large volume of water flowing rapidly over the years. Probably through the great flood from Noah's time :)






From this point onwards it's up all the way. I was busy taking photos and watching my steps at the same time. As with any wet damp place, the air has a rather musky smell. We were told by the guide, the air gets a little thin as we go deeper into the cavern. The adventure continues....

Comments

  1. Very interesting. Great come back after a long absence, Streetsing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, was rather busy and also trying to sort out my maze of photos. Forgotten what I had posted and those I have not :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment