Yesterday at the Botanical Gardens - 3

It was a bright sunny afternoon when I was here at the Gardens. The tropical ferns are green and lush growing well in the fine weather with occasional heavy showers. The Yellow Saraca at this spot was in full bloom just like the one at Bukit Batok Nature Park. This usually attracts the Sunbirds which feeds on the nectar of its Orange-Yellow flowers. Did not see any Sunbirds here, though the one at Bukit Batok usually attracts many birds. Not uncommon to see Yellow or Purple throated sunbirds. Some had even seen the Orange-bellied flower pecker. Only saw one among the small branches at the zoo many years ago. It's rather humid for a walk in the afternoon here at the Gardens. Unless I wanted to take some photographs of plants and insects, I find it more pleasant to walk here at night when its less humid.

Comments

  1. Wow, your new blog at last :) Look forward to more posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tks..heh heh. Got myself a new laptop finally out of necessity as the previous was like me, in the senior citizen club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, at least you have got a youthful laptop😃

      Delete
  3. BTW, I was also at the Bukit Batok Nature Reserve Park last week. At the steps leading to the BB transmitters, I saw a few black birds with white head fearlessly hopping next to hikers. I wonder what species they were. Do you know? Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think they are the white headed laughing thrush you saw. There is a large, dominant family of them here. They are quite unafraid of humans, probably used to being fed by the visitors to the park. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Good to know their name. Yes, there are really a lot of them there. I also saw a nest with the mother in it.

      Delete
  5. Indeed there are many laughing thrush at the park, sometimes they create quite a ruckus too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment