Seah Im_Forgotten Reservoir_Japanese Shrine -2

 

Emerging from the dark and dank Seah Im bunker, the fresh air and bright sunshine outside was certainly welcomed. It's not a place anyone would want to linger as there was nothing much to see.

Having done my homework of the route, we proceeded to the back of the Bunker. Hearing a collective gasp from the rear which can be heard from Sentosa, I looked up to see what was the fuss about. Up ahead horrors, is a steep slope. However, it's no Mount Everest. Some kind soul has even provided a rope for hikers to use. This "Mt Everest" is only as high as the length of the rope which is no more then 12 metres. Still the group of stallions, albeit passed their prime waited for me to lead. Taking a deep breath, with my trusty hiking stick on my right hand and grasping the rope with my left I went up the slope. Sure, the ground was slippery and I did slipped once or twice. I made it to the top in less then 5 mins. The brave hearts below feeling assured that it was not suicidal, only started to climb thereafter. Feeling exhilarated when they reached the top, of what they at first thought was an impossible climb, they started to be chatty again. So nothing is impossible till it is impossible :)

After taking a breather, we continued which I thought would be another slog up the hill as it was my first time here. Surprisingly we reached a tarmac road in less then ten minutes. Emerging from the bushes, it took a while to orientate myself. It dawned on me that we were on Keppel Hill road. The same road I travelled when I visited the forgotten reservoir quite a few years back.  

I took the group to view the villa further up the road which I remembered during the last visit. This time round I was more confident of the way to our next destination which is the forgotten reservoir. Unlike the previous time, when I was alone and the weather was not favourable, about to rain.

Upon reaching the water drainage structure, I knew we were on the right track. The reservoir is just five minutes away...to be continued

Comments

  1. Looking back, I kind of enjoyed this hike. I have visited and seen the "Forgotten Reservoir" twice, but it's my first time to the Seah Im Bunker. The third site, was actually what I was eager to visit. Story continues... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment