CNY In ChinaTown SIngapore

Managed to get a glimpse of the light-up about a week ago and took some photos of this normally colorful CNY event. There won't be any light-up, run up to the CNY for crowd control. There were visibly lesser people and the hustle and bustle was muted, non-existence even. Came here for dinner, grabbed some New Year decorations, took some pictures and left. It was not all gloom though, a friend informed me the famous Zion Road Char Kway Teow has temporarily relocated here at the Smith Street hawker centre. The original hawker centre at Zion Rd is under renovation. Like a bee to honey, I quickly located the store and joined the queue. You can order a plate for 4, 5 or 6 dollars, I (greedily) reckoned  $5 would be fine. I must say, the uncle is very generous with the helping.

 It was such a big plate, nevertheless I was not disappointed. It was so yummy, I came back the next afternoon. The uncle was unhurried to CHAR the kway teow, unlike other other cooks. The result, from the satisfied looks of the patrons tells the story. Not even one kway Teow is left on everyone's plate. Made the cleaners job that much easier :) Char Kway Teow being Char Kway Teow is of cause Lardy, made a mental note not to forget taking my statin. That meal certainly lifted up the spirit, energized, I left Chinatown with a spring to my steps like a wily old goat.

Comments