Fancy Leaf Caladium plant

This pot of Fancy Leaf Caladium, basking in the glow of the early morning sun looks so beautiful with their Tri-colors of Green, Light Green and Pinkish Red. The full bloom lasted for only about a month or so before they withered and dies. Did not know that at first, I thought I over watered them and was rather sad when I was left with only a pot of soil after they withered. Thought of re-potting with other plants but somehow I harboured the hope that it will revive. Continued to water the soil occasionally, feeling rather foolish as there was no sign of growth for a few months. My patience paid off, when I noticed a single tiny sprout protruding from the soil. It grew into a beautiful plant, just one, better then nothing I thought. However, other tiny sprouts started to spring forth and soon there were nine :)  

Comments

  1. Had these in our garden when I was a kid. Usually, a very green and plump caterpillar hid in a rolled up tip of one of the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed the shoot of the Caladium plant rolled up like a carpet when it just sprouted out, and gradually unroll itself into a beautiful leaf. No wonder the caterpillar treated it like a comfortable bed :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment