A hiking we go - 1

Recently I joined a hiking group for a few hikes and that kindled my interest in the sport. One of the place the group leader planned was from Sixth Avenue through the private estate-Old Holland Road- The Greenway (old Railway track) all the way to Mount Faber. It was a most enjoyable hike, though it was quite a distance. My first hike with this group of seasoned hikers, was really grueling, especially for a newbie like me. After a few hikes, I got used to the distance and began to enjoy the long walks. As I am keen on photography, I found it was not possible to do two things at a time. Soon I was left far behind and I had to jog to catch up with the rest. So I decided to hike alone and take photos to my hearts content, without worrying about loosing sight of my fellow hikers. For the past two months, it has been raining, sometimes in the morning, other times in the afternoons and evenings. We are into the monsoon season. However, this morning, the weather looks OK, so I quickly packed my walking gears and hiking shoes. Hopped on a bus, changed to the Downtown line to Sixth Avenue, starting point of my hike....     

Comments