Tulips Galor

If you like flowers and plants, the Tulipmania event now at the Flower Dome from April to 13th May is not to be missed. Be dazzled by the colorful flowers that comes in bright red, orange, yellow and other mixtures. Never seen so many Tulips in my life before. It was a great time for many of the photographers present, some came with tripods and a whole range of equipment. As for me I had my humble Samsung 500, while not exactly a pro camera, it does takes decent pictures. Missed the "Cherry Blossom" event which was before the "Tulipmania". Made the mistake of coming during the weekend and there were simply too many people. Discouraged, made a detour home. This time, chose a weekday for this event. While there were quite a number of visitors, there was still breathing space to take photos without bumping into others.

Comments

  1. Good idea to visit, especially at $8. I shall make it a point to go, as tulips are my favourite. Don't know whether you know the song, Tip toe through the Tulips? 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tip toe through the Tulips? Have not heard of this song :) Maybe I can hear it on youtube. In case you are not aware Tulips are toxic to cats, dogs and horses. Don't buy any Tulips home :)

      Delete
    2. Just heard the song you mentioned, Tip toe through the Tulips on youtube. Oh yes, indeed I have heard of this song, just that I have forgotten the title of this old song :)
      Once I heard the tune it all came back. Thanks for mentioning :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the alert. Yes, I do have a cat at home which nibbles at everything! Btw, is it difficult to care for Calladium? Like the way you described its scent and would probably go and get one if it isn't too difficult to maintain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read a case where a western women bought tulips home. Her cat nibble on it and suffered organ failure and died. Actually Calladium like many of the indoor plants are not difficult to maintain. However, I do need to water them twice a day. It can be a hazzle for busy people. Moreover, if go on tour, need to get someone to water them :( The oxygen are collectively from the seven pots I have excluding four small cactus. Not totally from the Calladium :) When I am using my laptop near them, all the plants gave off a light sweet oxygen scent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend's cat ate the poinsettias she brought home for Christmas and it died😦

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's rather sad...must be careful what plant to buy if there are pets at home.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment